“Journey to Life after High School”
– Partner Toolkit
ARTICLE FOR NEWSLETTER OR BULLETIN
NEW GUIDE HELPS WITH TRANSITION FROM HIGH SCHOOL FOR CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
AbilityPath.org has launched a new report, “The Journey to Life after High School: A Road Map for Parents of Children with Special Needs” in an effort to ease the transition from high school to adulthood for children with special needs. This comprehensive guide examines the laws that impact a child with special needs, the importance of the individualized education plan, and the different paths a child with special needs can take after graduating from high school. “The Journey to Life after High School” not only provides the steps that need to be taken prior to graduation but also the preparation required for the new adult’s legal and medical rights. All of this culminates in a national state-by-state agency guide.
The third in a series of groundbreaking reports released by Abilitypath.org, “The Journey to Life after High School” is a tool to chart a child’s transition into adulthood. The guide gives an overview of what lies ahead and contains a detailed list of resources for where to go for support.
By treating the transition as a long-term process beginning in middle school, “The Journey to Life after High School” creates a road map for parents that will help organize the work and properly frame the expectations for this time.
The report can be downloaded for free by going to: http://bit.ly/WMbbPM
SOCIAL MEDIA MESSAGES
On Tuesday, August 12 at 9:30 a.m. (PST) The Journey to Life after High School will be posted live at http://bit.ly/WMbbPM. Please use the following social media messages to spread the word by reaching out to your Facebook and Twitter followers:
- Making the transition from high school to adulthood is difficult for any family. It can be even harder for parents of children with #specialneeds. @AbilityPath’s newest guide, “The Journey to Life after High School” provides a road map for parents to prepare for this transition. Download the guide here: http://bit.ly/WMbbPM. #LAHSguide
- Did you know all the rights of a child with #specialneeds? From receiving a free appropriate public education to planning out the goals of every academic year in an individualized education plan, it is insured they receive the best education possible. Learn more about their education and the transition to post-graduation life in @AbilityPath’s guide “The Journey to Life after High School.” http://bit.ly/WMbbPM #LAHSguide
- Leaving HS can be stressful for #SpecialNeeds kids. Ease the workload with @AbilityPath & #LAHSguide. http://bit.ly/WMbbPM
- The rights of #specialneeds kids change after high school. Find out how to prepare from @abilitypath #LAHSguide http://bit.ly/WMbbPM
- Join us and @AbilityPath in the transition out of high school for #SpecialNeeds kids w/ #LAHSguide. http://bit.ly/WMbbPM
Use these Twitter hash tags: #SpecialNeeds #LAHSguide
WEB BANNER DESCRIPTION
Click on image to open and download
Prepare for the transition out of high school with “The Journey to Life after High School” from AbilityPath.org.