Preschool Student Teacher
Our Learning Links Preschools are open year-round M-F 7:00am-6:00pm
Specific schedule depends on your availability and program needs.
This is a great opportunity to work with a variety of teachers in different classrooms, gain experience and be a part of something amazing! This would be perfect for a new grad or current student trying to gain experience in a classroom. We will work with your school schedule and we often know in advance what our staffing needs are to minimize surprises.
The Preschool Teacher is responsible for assisting and carrying out group and individual goals and objectives for children aged infant through five-years-old, maintaining staff to child ratios and providing a safe, developmentally appropriate, and nurturing environment in which the children are enabled to learn and thrive.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in planning and implementation of classroom activities (including set-up and clean-up of class, organization of classroom and program materials, preparing daily snack)
- Provide behavioral support for children with special needs
- Supervise children to ensure safe play in the classroom and on the playground
- Actively participate in classroom activities to encourage age appropriate play skills
- Change diapers and assist with self-help skills in the restroom
- 12+ ECE units required (coursework in progress may be considered with applicable experience)
- 3+ Infant/Toddler Units highly desirable
- 2-3 professional or academic references
- 1st Aid/CPR certification
Learning Links Mountain View Website: http://www.learninglinksmtnview.org
AbilityPath is committed to providing immersive, rewarding experiences for our interns, and to provide training, mentorship, and professional development opportunities related to direct care.
If you are interested in applying for this internship, please send an email to email@example.com
- Non-profit program operations
- Case management
- Behavioral management, goal setting, and support plan development
- Social work insights
Enhanced Intern Experience:
- Executive mentorship
- Networking opportunities
- Information sessions
- Letters of recommendation
- After-work socials