Vaccine InformationCOVID-19 Information and Resources
We are here to help you during this health crisis
Regional center clients aged 65+, family caregivers of regional center clients of all ages, and service provider employees who provide direct care for regional center clients are now eligible for the COVID vaccination. We strongly advise you to confirm eligibility requirements for each vaccine clinic before signing up. We are also supporting our staff to access the vaccine by providing information about eligibility and options for getting the vaccine. Information about the vaccine is changing rapidly and we will update this page as we learn more.
Upcoming additions to vaccine eligibility include:
- February 28 – Santa Clara County is opening vaccinations to child care staff.
- March 15 – Vaccine eligibility in San Mateo County and Santa Clara County is expected to be expanded to some people with disabilities.
- For family caregivers, it can be helpful and some clinics require a copy of the IPP or IFSP of the person served by the regional center.
- At all vaccination sites, appointments are required.
Additional vaccine clinics will be announced in local counties and you can also refer to the links at the bottom of this page.
Golden Gate Regional Center | Safeway Pharmacies
Golden Gate Regional Center is partnering with Safeway Pharmacies to host a COVID-19 Vaccine clinic in San Mateo County on February 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. A limited number of appointments are available. The vaccine clinic is only open to individuals who live or work in San Mateo County who are eligible to receive the COVID vaccine under state and local public health criteria for Phase 1A and 1B.
People who are eligible for this clinic are:
- individuals receiving GGRC services ages 65 and older living in San Mateo County,
- family caregivers of individuals receiving GGRC services who live in San Mateo County, or
- GGRC service provider staff supporting individuals in San Mateo County.
You will be denied the vaccine if you are ineligible. Appointments are required.
Visit GGRC’s website to sign up for an appointment and learn more about required forms, documentation and information on what to expect the day of a scheduled appointment.
San Mateo County Health – Vaccination Information
San Mateo County Health – Vaccination Clinic Locations
Golden Gate Regional Center – Vaccination Clinic
Santa Clara County Department of Health – Vaccine Information
Department of Developmental Services (DDS) – Vaccines & Testing Information
Letter from DDS about family caregiver vaccination eligibility