Handwriting Readiness GroupsChildren's Classes
Handwriting Readiness Groups
Handwriting Readiness groups are facilitated by an occupational therapist and enrolls up to 6 students. This group class is a fun way to help children learn to compose legible and fluent handwriting as an automatic and natural skill. Perfect for children learning to write, as well as those needing a little extra support, this program uses entertaining and educationally sound instructional methods to teach handwriting basics. Classes are held for one hour each week. Enrollment is on an ongoing basis.
For the most successful class experience, children should be able to follow multi-step directions and be able to participate in a group activity for at least 4-5 minutes. If your child would benefit from a higher level of support while learning to write, please fill out the below interest form to receive more information about individual occupational therapy services.
- Motor warm-up with games related to the day’s lesson
- Circle time with direct instruction, including hands-on activities, songs, and interactive materials
- Art activities incorporating writing concepts and related fine motor skills
- Suggested home activities to promote generalization and faster progress
- Activities and lessons are presented with a multi-sensory approach and tailored to each child’s learning style
SKILLS ADDRESSED DURING CLASS:
- Upper body strength & finger strength
- Postural stability
- Eye/hand coordination
- Visual perceptual & fine more skills
- Proper grasp of pencil/crayon
- Letter formation
Coverage and Payment Options:
- Private Pay
- Handwriting Readiness Groups — $350/month
Current Schedule and Locations:
Classes are held on Thursday afternoons at our Burlingame location. We are currently accepting enrollments.
If you’re interested in signing up for a Handwriting Readiness Group or Individual Occupational Therapy, or have questions, please complete an interest form and we will contact you.