Sensory-Motor Developmental ClassesChildren's Classes
Sensory-Motor Developmental Classes
Our sensory-motor developmental classes are led by an occupational therapist and taught with a multisensory approach. Children are encouraged to engage all their senses while playing and learning, and activities are tailored to incorporate their individual sensory needs. This is a fun, engaging class, and a great way to introduce your child to the concept of group classes.
Classes are appropriate for children who seek out sensory experiences and need a lot of sensory input to participate in learning activities, as well as children who can be overwhelmed by too much stimulation and benefit from a quieter, calmer environment. Children will be placed in the class that best suits their needs.
- Circle time with music and movement
- Motor room activities designed to promote coordination and self-regulation
- Art and snack activities incorporating sensory play and exploration
- Facilitated play with peers, supporting children to learn and interact with others in a safe and fun environment
- Parent training and support
Current Schedule and Locations:
- Monday/Wednesday 9:00-10:30
- Monday/Wednesday 11:00-12:30
- All classes are in Redwood City
This class is for GGRC clients only. Families should contact their social worker for referral. We are currently accepting enrollments.