Speech and Language TherapyTherapy
Individual Speech Therapy
Our team of speech-language pathologists supports the communication skills of children and youth from ages 0-22. We engage in a play-based, child-centered approach with a comprehensive family-education component. When appropriate, we may utilize AAC and/or AT devices or materials to support a child’s ability to communicate more effectively.
Areas of Focus:
- Motor speech disorders and developmental apraxia of speech
- Cognitive communication delays/disorder
- Receptive and expressive language delays or disorders
- Social and pragmatic language
- AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) and AT (Assistive Technology)
LOCATIONS for Speech Therapy
- Redwood City
Early Intervention Speech Class
Our early intervention speech and language classes support toddlers and their families to use familiar themes and routines to enhance children’s speech and language development. Classes are led by our speech-language pathologists and are intended for children who have mild to moderate developmental delays primarily in the area of speech and/or language.
Classes are open to children referred by the Golden Gate Regional Center. Classes focus on the following skills:
- Increasing imitation of environmental sounds, speech sounds, and words.
- Understanding new words and simple concepts
- Beginning to understand turn taking in communication and social interactions
- Putting words together to comment, request, ask questions
For more information visit the Early Intervention page.
Social Learning Groups
Our Speech Therapists also offer Social Learning Groups, an 8-week group session with a skilled speech pathologist focusing on working in a group, connecting and building relationships, and thinking flexibly.
Would your child benefit from a group of peers to learn the “ins-and-outs” of engaging in the social world and learn to think socially? Our group sessions with a skilled speech-language pathologist are designed to help children learn and work in a group, connect, and build relationships with their peers, take the perspective of others, or think flexibly. Our therapists create fun experiences in a safe, supportive environment for your child to grow their social smarts and become more confident in the social world. Groups are available for ages 4 to 10, and are by age and developmental level. The child to staff ratio is 4:1. The group meets for one hour once a week in Burlingame. For more information visit the Social Learning Groups page.
Coverage and Payment Options:
- Insurance: Kaiser, Blue Shield PPO, Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM)
- Regional Centers: Golden Gate Regional Center (GGRC), San Andreas Regional Center (SARC)
- Private Pay
- Speech Evaluation — $800 – CPT code 92523
- Speech Therapy Session — $175/60 minute session – CPT code 92507
- Social Learning Groups — $130/session – CPT code 92508
- For other insurance carriers, please check with your insurance carrier to confirm the reimbursement process when you private pay. We can provide you with a Superbill for rendered services that you can use to seek reimbursement as allowed by your carrier.
If you are interested in our speech therapy services or social learning groups, please fill out an interest form below and our team will contact you.